Capacity For Sustainable Change – Ghana (CSC – Ghana) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that seeks to conserve the biological diversity and integrity of Ghana and Sub-Saharan Africa, ensure environmental sustainability and empower the youth in rural communities.
CSC – Ghana was established on May 1, 2016 by a group of students from the Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, and now includes a multi-disciplinary assemblage of focused and determined young people. The organization was formally incorporated under the signature of Ghana’s Registrar of Companies in August, 2018.
We aim to become a leading voice in conservation of Biological Diversity, sustainable utilization of components of Biological Diversity, sustainable utilization of natural resources, Environmental Protection, Waste Management (disposal and recycling), Climate Change Mitigation and Humanitarian services.
- Conduct Research into the Status of Wild Plants and Animals
- Actively conserve endangered species and ecosystems in the Republic of Ghana
- Create awareness about sustainable environments and sustainable resource use
- Empower rural youth socially and economically, through sustainable alternative livelihood schemes, that are targeted at protecting endangered species
- Build resilience to climate change and empower climate change adaptation and mitigation processes
- Build the capacities of future resource managers, ecologists and conservation biologists